Sunday, August 11, 2013

Teeth Whitening at home with Hydrogen Peroxide

Time:  10 minutes to as long as you'd like
Supplies:  Hydrogen Peroxide, q-tips
Difficulty:  easy

So my mom ran into a cousin she hadn't seen in a while, and her teeth were GLEAMING WHITE!

I mean.  
You could have read next to them in a pitch-black room.

So we asked her the secret...

It's Hydrogen Peroxide.  Simple as that.
The bottle says it's an "oral debriding agent".  It means it works to remove the stains from plaque and calculus on your teeth.  Her cousin rinses her mouth with it daily.  

I had to try it.  

It worked beautifully.  I got so excited, we tried it on everyone in the house.  Right then!  

It was too late when I realized I should film it and put it on the blog.  My dad was the only one left with yellow teeth (don't tell him I said they were yellow) so I had to do it on him. (By the way--he's on the video under duress.  After I showed him it, he told me to, "delete that.  I look disgusting."  But I knew you all wanted to know the secret to free teeth whitening, or .98 cents if you don't already have a bottle.)

Watch the video, and you'll see how I gave him and the rest of us a jump start to getting white teeth.

P.S.  It tastes a little salty for the first minute afterward.  But here's the plus:  my mouth and tongue felt really fresh afterward and it keeps away bad breath a lot better than brushing alone.  No wonder they put peroxide in toothpaste.
Bella
Click here to see more of our  Beauty Secrets and Tricks

11 comments:

  1. I just tried it. It tastes really salty when you gargle with it. But I can already see a difference. I'm gonna keep going. Thanks,
    Cammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try this right now! Thanks for helpful tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip! I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip, Bella! Have to ask though, does anyone in your family have sensitive teeth? If so, how was the experience? I have sensitive teeth and they're the primarily why I don't do at home dental methods. I'd love to try this though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have sensitive teeth and gums . I dont fell anything

      Delete
  5. Some great advice there, I personally recommend an initial visit to the dental hygienist for a really good clean and then whitening kits and toothpaste to compliment that. Once you've had that initial work done, keeping a bright white smile is much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in very big problem when my teeth becomes damage then I have tried to follow teeth whitening tips and then my teeth becomes recover and now there is no problem in my teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. I'm from Brazil and i didint understand well the video.
    Its everyday? How many minutes you let the peroxide on teeth before spiting it out?
    Do it with sticks or just rinsing and swishing in the mouth?
    Thank you and sorry for a lot of questions, but i want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I leave it on for about 2 minutes the first time. After that I just rinse with it like a mouthwash for about 30 seconds. Good luck!

      Delete
    2. My teeth now feel so soft and clean after I did it twice... I think it helped, too, though I didn't really have bad enough teeth to tell much of a difference. ;)Teeth Whitening Treatments Surrey, Also I have a little black left over but it should go away over night or after a few more brushings! Activated Charcoal can be used for so many things! We have it around for bee stings. It draws the poison right out and prevents a bad allergic reaction.

      Delete
    3. My teeth now feel so soft and clean after I did it twice... I think it helped, too, though I didn't really have bad enough teeth to tell much of a difference. ;)Teeth Whitening Treatments Surrey, Also I have a little black left over but it should go away over night or after a few more brushings! Activated Charcoal can be used for so many things! We have it around for bee stings. It draws the poison right out and prevents a bad allergic reaction.

      Delete