Friday, June 21, 2013

Patriotic Fohawk

Time:  11 minutes
Supplies:  brush/comb, pomeade/gel, plain old markers and white chalk, blow-dryer
Difficulty:  Medium

This image reminds me of a parade.
I can see
all the kids sitting on the curb-side waving flags, watching the floats go by, racing for the candy they throw.  
Can you see it too?

I get such a feeling of pride when I see our flag and hear the national anthem.  It's an indescribable feeling of patriotism that pulls you in and gets that lump in your throat.  So, Happy up-comping Birthday, America.  I'm thankful to live in this great land and proud to be an American.

Side note (not about America):  At Locks and Locks of Hairstyles, we try to keep hairstyles simple and easy.  We try to do styles and crafts/DIY's on a dime, and use supplies you already have around the house.  

I always hate it when I read a great recipe and can't make it without first going to the store to get all kinds of weird ingredients. Sometimes you just want a recipe, or hairstyle to work with whatever you have on hand at the time.
That's this hairstyle.  You could go buy hair paint, hair mascara, or hair chalk, and they would work great on this hairstyle.  But if you don't have them handy, you can also use Crayola markers and a piece of sidewalk chalk, like we did.  Best of luck.
Miriam
Click here to see more of our  Holiday Styles


2 comments:

  1. He is adorable. I'm glad you guys make things easy. I don't like having to get a bunch of supplies either. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried this for a parade last saturday. Everybody loved it. My son felt so cool every time somebody told him his hair looked awesome!

    ReplyDelete