Thursday, June 6, 2013

No Heat Curls: Cocoon Curls

Time:  8 mins to roll;  8 mins to take out
Supplies:  brush/comb, bobby pins, hairspray
Difficulty:  Medium

Here are the few quick steps to beauty

I'll tell you what---coming up with no-heat curling ideas that turn out beautifully, is a tricky business.

But we've found one.

I learned this trick from a neighbor of mine. She said that back in the day (how far back "the day" is, I'm not sure) they used to wrap their hair in these cocoons all the time.  She and her sisters loved watching their hair go from blah to as lovely as a butterfly.

They're not hard. I can do them on myself, or on someone else.  There are some tips to getting them just right.  Watch the video and see how to turn damp, blah hair into beautiful overnight.
Miriam


8 comments:

  1. I love these. I always shower at night so having a way to wake up with curls is such a time saver. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE!!! I've never heard of these. Can't wait to try them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    I have a wand also and I love it. It's the only curler that works for my thick, medium-length, and fine hair! :)
    I was wondering if you could do a tutorial on the different styles that the wand can do, please? Sometimes it does curls and other times it does the more wavy look. I've noticed that the amount and thickness of the hair is a HUGE factor, but it would be nice to just be able to have my hair turn out the way I want it to! :) Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll get to work on that. Thanks for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe i used to lay in bed at night as a kid and do this to parts of my hair. i taught my daughter this as well. never thought of doing it to my whole head tho, interesting.... will try on my daughters hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very interesting. I would rather do this than try to use lots of rollers in my hair (ridiculously thick). Thanks for the tutorial, I know I never would have thought of this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey can you guys find another way to do a heatless curl like this for shorter hair, cause my hair is too short to cocoon :/

    ReplyDelete