Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Messy Bun with Left-Over Curls


I want to encourage you all to do something you may 
find disgusting...
Stop washing your hair every day.
(You'll thank me later.)

Nothing has improved the health of mine and Bella's hair more than skipping to every other day, and even better, every third day. 
I know... you're gagging at how gross and greasy it would be. 
And it will be! 
But here's how you ease in: 

If you want to extend your washing routine by one day, you wait for a weekend, or a couple days where you have no place fancy to go. Then go two days past your intended wash date and wear a hat when you're out. (So if you usually wash it on a Thursday and then on Saturday; skip it and wait until Monday.

It will be nasty...I'm not going to lie. 
But it's like it shocks your hair into making less grease. So you can add a day in between washings and still have it look good. If you find that it starts getting greasy again a few months later, give it the old weekend-trick. It works every time.
You can also try dry shampoo. It makes your hair feel a little stiff if you run your fingers through it. But it works great as well, if you don't want to be stuck in a hat.

Here's a perfect second or third day hairstyle with your 
left-over curls. Give it a try.
Miriam

10 comments:

  1. This is so cool! But I am not sure if i can dare myself not to wash my hair everyday.

    Tampa Nail Salon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the past 7 or 8 months I have been washing my hair every three days. I have found it less oily and it has been growing faster. I recommended it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hairstyle is so pretty. Is this the same bun in the " Kynra Bangs " tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it! though I'm unsure about not washing my hair...I'll give it a try though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have totally tried this for the last three years, but it doesn't seem to go very well. I am at every other day right now and I can only look halfway acceptable if I fill my hair with gel after I wash it and then dry and straighten it. What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you tried going the extra days and letting it totally grease up? Also, if I load mine with product, it makes it yuckier. So does blow drying on the first day. It's like the heat forces my scalp to make grease. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wash my hair every three (and every once in a while four)days! I try not to do anything heated on my hair the first day (Like a curling iron) and my hair is growing a lot faster, on the third day it's a bit greasy, but my hair is actually growing. I also use shampoo and conditioner without sulfate, because sulfate destroys you hair.My hair feels and looks better than when I washed it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does make a huge difference on your hair. We've also noticed ours growing a lot faster, and breaking a lot less. I'll notice the sulfate thing from now on too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete