Sunday, December 2, 2012

Milk Maid Braids



We just moved from the city to the country, and I'm still in 
what I call "rural shock"!
Here's an example:
I was riding the bus to school the other day and was surprised to see cows grazing by the side of the road outside the bus window.
I pointed and said, "Hey, look. Cows!"
Their response:  "Yeah? Where do you think you moved to?"

Funny, but the milk maids by me (and I'm sure they don't want to be called that) don't look anything like what I remember from my Twelve Days of Christmas pop-up book when I was a kid.  My favorite pop-up was the Eight Maids of Milking in their gingham dresses and braided hair.  They were so cute and my inspiration for this hairstyle.

So consider this the first do in the Twelve Hairstyles of Christmas.
Merry Christmas
Bella

1 comment:

  1. I loved the story and it's a darling hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete