Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Ribbon Braid



The family I grew up in is (for the most part) very musical.  Most of us by choice, the others by coercion.  
That being said,
every year at our extended family Christmas party, we were expected to do a number from singing to dancing to reciting a poem and my grandma would let us choose a treat from her Christmas tree once we'd performed.  
So we've kept up that tradition when my brothers and sisters get together for our Christmas party, but it's become a little more light hearted.  We've had some exceptional numbers with the piano, singing, guitar, french horn, and some real duzies on harmonicas, kazoos, you name it...we've tried it.  We've seen sweet dance moves to Christmas songs, a re-enacment of the Grinch, 
even some karate.  

So here's my dilemma... 
My family needs a number for the upcoming party and we've got nothing.  If there's a talent for bad dancing, I've got it in spades.  (But don't think we haven't danced our fair share of years anyway.)  But if any of you have an idea for something creative and fun we could do, 
PLEASE tell me what it is.
I'd be ever so grateful.  Thank you.
Miriam

5 comments:

  1. You could break dance. Just make sure you don't break anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could bake something and bring it to share. Would that work? It gets you out of dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could...dance to a weird Christmas song, but make it really fun with costumes and everything!! And thanks for the hair idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could tap dance like River Dance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suggest that you should do a tutorial on how to do a sideways dutch braid into a messy bun. I find it super easy to do!

    ReplyDelete